Wednesday, November 15, 2006

PS3 Launch Approaches

And if you have the means, I'd highly recommend you pick one up...and then sell it on ebay. The common thought among the gaming websites this week is the idea that if you are able to get your hands on a PS3, you should sell it on ebay (for prices somtimes exceeding double what you paid for it) and then use your actual profit to purchase a console for yourself later.

The fact that Americans are willing to pay double retail price for an untested, brand new console is quite interesting. One can look back and remember what happened last year with the Xbox 360 which was also making enormous profits for people selling it online. As it turns out, there were funamental flaws in the firmware and patches were required to stop games from freezing. And people were paying upwards of a thousand dollars for this.

One can only assume that the PS3 will have the same problems, sure they will be fixed...but it will have problems. And people are still willing to pay this much money.

The funny thing is, these are the people who are complaining about the PS3's base $500 price point. And yet they will pay $1000 for the console....me, I think I'll stick with my Xbox for the time being. Maybe when they lower the price, I'll pick up a 360. But it's not really that big a deal anymore. Graphics in my opinion don't really make games more fun anymore.

But that's just me...

~ The Wonder Waffle

www.xanga.com/the_daily_beef

No comments: